Experience the top destinations of New Zealand’s North Island on this luxury guided tour. Your private guide will meet you at the airport and take you on an escorted tour of New Zealand, with luxury accommodation and special personalised experiences that will elevate your holiday to something truly incredible.
Offering New Zealand’s best escorted tours and highly experienced tour guides, we cater for groups between 1-20 people. With no date or itinerary restrictions, your luxury North Island guided tour can be fully customised.
7 Day North Island Luxury Guided Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive Auckland
Your fantastic guided holiday begins in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. Home to 1/4 of New Zealand’s population and bordered by two stunning harbours, Auckland is thriving, diverse city surrounded by natural wonders.
Explore Auckland with your guide, visiting top attractions such as the Sky Tower, Mt Eden’s volcanic crater, Waiheke Island, Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World, or Piha Beach.
Stay 2 nights in Auckland.
Day 2 Waiheke Island Boutique Wine Tour
Visit the stunningly beautiful boutique wine region of Waiheke Island today on a full-day tour which includes a 5-star restaurant lunch, three superb wine tastings, and a scenic ferry ride to and from the island.
Day 3 Tongariro National Park Scenic Flight + Rotorua
Travel time Auckland to Taupo – 3.5 hours
Leave the city behind as you head through rolling farmland to Taupo, a small town set beside New Zealand’s largest lake. With the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park looming in the distance, and the lake itself formed from an ancient volcanic crater, you will get a close-up look at the immense forces that shaped New Zealand. Visit Huka Falls with your guide and relax on the lakefront.
In the afternoon, lift high above Lake Taupo to soar around the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park, exploring the craters and colourful volcanic lakes on a scenic floatplane flight.
Travel time Taupo to Rotorua – 1 hour
Your geothermal experience will continue as you enjoy the short drive to Rotorua. Tour the exciting geothermal attractions with your guide, visiting sulphur springs, mud pools, geysers, and sinter terraces.
Stay 2 nights in Rotorua.
Day 4 Private Mud Bath and Spa + Gourmet Skyline Dinner
Stroll through Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to experience the rich Maori culture and view the exciting geothermal features. Afterwards, smooth your skin with silky mud in a private mud bath and soak in a relaxing sulphur spa.
In the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Rotorua’s most spectacular location – the top of the Skyline Gondola!
Day 5 Coromandel Peninsula
Travel time Rotorua to Coromandel Peninsula – 3 hours
Embark on a scenic tour of the Coromandel Peninsula, taking in views of the lush rainforest and idyllic beaches. If the tide is right, visit Hot Water Beach, where you can dig your own hot pools, on your way to Whitianga.
Stay 2 nights in Whitianga, Coromandel.
Day 6 Glass Bottom Boat Tour
Discover the rugged coastline today on a glass bottom boat tour that takes through the marine reserve and past immense sea caves and sandy bays. Stop at the famous Cathedral Cove to soak in the views!
In the afternoon, your guide will show you some of the best hidden secrets of the Coromandel, including lush forest walks and secluded golden-sand beaches.
Day 7 Auckland
Travel time Coromandel Peninsula to Auckland – 3 hours
As your holiday draws to a close, return to Auckland and spend your final evening shopping, touring around with your guide, or celebrating the end of a fantastic holiday with a harbour dinner cruise.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 8 Depart Auckland
Your guide will deliver you to Auckland Airport for your departing flight.
Luxury Highlights Include:
- Riding the ferry through Auckland’s harbour to the stunning Waiheke Island.
- Enjoying three fantastic wine tastings and a sumptuous gourmet lunch on Waiheke Island.
- Visiting the magnificent Huka Falls.
- Soaring high above the volcanoes of Tongariro National Park, past craters and emerald lakes and lava flows, on a scenic floatplane flight!
- Exploring the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua – see geysers, bubbling mud pools, turquoise sulphur springs, and colourful sinter terraces.
- Relaxing in a sulphur pool and private mud spa and experiencing Maori culture at the Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Dining in style atop the Skyline Gondola, with views of Rotorua spread out below.
- Discovering the rugged coastline of the Coromandel by boat – visit sea caves and bays, and even make a stop at the world-famous Cathedral Cove!
Your privately guided tour includes:
- All transportation within New Zealand – you will be collected at the arrivals hall of Auckland Airport and dropped off at the departures hall of Auckland Airport
- Excellent 5-star/luxury accommodation with breakfast
- Private tour guide
- Sightseeing and Photo Stops En Route
- Waiheke Island Paradise Wine and Gourmet Lunch Tour
- Scenic Floatplane Flight over Lake Taupo and Mt Ruapehu
- Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Walk, Sulphur Spa, and Private Mud Bath
- Skyline Gondola and Buffet Dinner Rotorua
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour to Cathedral Cove
** Your privately guided tour does NOT include flights, food (except where included in activities) or travel insurance.
As guide prices are split between travellers, the pricing will vary depending on the number of travellers on your tour.
1 Traveller: NZD$19,149
2 Travellers: NZD$10,799 per adult | NZD$10,199 per child
3 Travellers: NZD$8749 per adult | NZD$8149 per child
4 Travellers: NZD$7699 per adult | NZD$7099 per child
5 Travellers: NZD$7099 per adult | NZD$6449 per child
6 Travellers: NZD$6649 per adult | NZD$6049 per child
7 Travellers: NZD$6349 per adult | NZD$5749 per child
8 Travellers: NZD$6149 per adult | NZD$5499 per child
9 Travellers: NZD$6049 per adult | NZD$5449 per child
10 Travellers: NZD$5899 per adult | NZD$5299 per child
11 + Travellers: Please enquire for your custom quote