Experience the top destinations of New Zealand’s North Island on this luxury guided tour. Your private guide will meet you at the airport and take you on an escorted tour of New Zealand, with luxury accommodation and special personalised experiences that will elevate your holiday experience to something truly incredible.
Offering New Zealand’s best escorted tours and highly experienced tour guides, we cater for tours between 1-20 people. With no date or itinerary restrictions, your luxury North Island guided tour can be fully customised.
10 Day North Island Luxury Guided Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive Auckland
Your fantastic guided holiday begins in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. Home to 1/4 of New Zealand’s population and bordered by two stunning harbours, Auckland is thriving, diverse city surrounded by natural wonders.
Explore Auckland with your guide, visiting top attractions such as the Sky Tower, Mt Eden’s volcanic crater, Waiheke Island, Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World, or Piha Beach.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 2 Bay of Islands
Travel time Auckland to Bay of Islands – 3 hours
Leave the city behind as your tour continues north to the Bay of Islands, a stunning stretch of coastline with secluded beaches, forested hills, and fantastic marine wildlife.
Stay 2 nights in Paihia.
Day 3 Discover the Bay Cruise
Today, cruise among the 144 islands in the bay and keep an eye out for dolphins, whales, and penguins!
Day 4 Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise
Travel time Bay of Islands to Auckland – 3 hours
Return to the City of Sails for an afternoon in town.
In the evening, enjoy a decadent harbour dinner cruise on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour.
Stay 2 nights in Auckland.
Day 5 Waiheke Island Wine Tour
Visit the stunningly beautiful boutique wine region of Waiheke Island today on a full-day tour which includes a 5-star restaurant lunch, three superb wine tastings, and a scenic ferry ride to and from the island.
Day 6 Tauranga
Travel time Auckland to Tauranga – 3 hours
Continue to the Bay of Plenty, one of the most popular summer holiday destinations in New Zealand, and explore the city with your guide.
Stay 2 nights in Tauranga.
Day 7 White Island Flight
Today, join Aerius Helicopters for an unforgettable excursion – a helicopter tour to the volcanic White Island. Words cannot express the experience that is walking on the active crater floor of White Island. White Island is New Zealand’s most active volcano and was once home to factory workers who mined the island for sulphur. Ruined remains of this hard life still exist today. Enjoy a 30-minute scenic helicopter flight to the island before taking a 1-hour guided walking tour of the active volcanic crater. Get close to the acidic Crater Lake, bubbling mud pools, and sulphur-lined fumaroles.
Day 8 Rotorua
Travel time Tauranga to Rotorua – 1 hour
Your geothermal experience will continue as you enjoy the short drive to Rotorua. Tour the exciting geothermal attractions with your guide, visiting sulphur springs, mud pools, geysers, and sinter terraces.
In the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Rotorua’s most spectacular location – the top of the Skyline Gondola!
Stay 2 nights in Rotorua.
Day 9 Private Mud Bath + Sulphur Spa
Stroll through Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to experience the rich Maori culture and view the exciting geothermal features. Afterwards, smooth your skin with silky mud in a private mud bath and soak in a relaxing sulphur spa.
Day 10 Waitomo Glowworm Caves + Hamilton
Travel time Rotorua to Waitomo Caves – 2.5 hours
Venture off the beaten track as your guide takes you on a scenic drive to the Waitomo Caves. The land is wilder around here, with limestone outcroppings emerging from farmland and densely forested hills rising all around, but the wildest landscape of all lies underground.
Witness the marvels of these vast caverns as you explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where you will be dazzled by a galaxy of glowworms overhead.
Travel time Waitomo Caves to Hamilton – 1 hour
After your Waitomo Caves experience, journey to Hamilton.
Stay 1 night in Hamilton.
Day 11 Depart Auckland
Travel time Hamilton to Auckland – 2 hours
Your guide will deliver you to Auckland Airport for your departing flight.
Luxury Highlights Include:
- Spotting dolphins, whales, and penguins as you cruise through the stunning Bay of Islands.
- Cruising and dining on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour – watch the city lights come to life and sparkle across the water.
- Visiting Waiheke Island for a premium wine tour
- Soaring over White Island on an unforgettable scenic helicopter flight
- Exploring the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua – see geysers, bubbling mud pools, turquoise sulphur springs, and colourful sinter terraces.
- Dining in style atop the Skyline Gondola, with views of Rotorua spread out below.
- Relaxing in a sulphur pool and private mud spa and experiencing Maori culture at the Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Witnessing a fantastic galaxy of glowworms at Waitomo Caves.
Your privately guided tour includes:
- All transportation within New Zealand – you will be collected at the arrivals hall of the Auckland Airport, and dropped off at the departures hall of the Auckland Airport
- Excellent 5-star/luxury accommodation with breakfast
- Private tour guide/driver
- Sightseeing and Photo Stops En Route
- Bay of Islands Hole in the Rock Cruise
- Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise
- Waiheke Island Paradise Wine Tour
- White Island Helicopter Flight and Ground Tour
- Skyline Gondola and Buffet Dinner Rotorua
- Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Walk, Sulphur Spa, and Private Mud Bath
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Ruakuri Cave Combo
** Your privately guided tour does NOT include flights, food (except breakfast and other meals where included in activities) or travel insurance. **
As guide prices are split between travellers, the pricing will vary depending on the number of travellers on your tour.
1 Traveller: NZD$26,349
2 Travellers: NZD$15,099 per adult | NZD$14,599 per child
3 Travellers: NZD$12,349 per adult | NZD$11,849 per child
4 Travellers: NZD$10,949 per adult | NZD$10,449 per child
5 Travellers: NZD$10,149 per adult | NZD$9649 per child
6 Travellers: NZD$9599 per adult | NZD$9099 per child
7 Travellers: NZD$9199 per adult | NZD$8699 per child
8 Travellers: NZD$8899 per adult | NZD$8399 per child
9 Travellers: NZD$8799 per adult | NZD$8299 per child
10 Travellers: NZD$8599 per adult | NZD$8099 per child
11 + Travellers: Please enquire for your custom quote