Experience New Zealand’s top destinations on this luxury guided tour. Your private guide will meet you at the airport and take you on an escorted tour of New Zealand, with luxury accommodation and special personalised experiences that will elevate your holiday to something truly incredible.
Offering New Zealand’s best escorted tours and highly experienced tour guides, we cater for tours between 1-20 people. With no date or itinerary restrictions, your luxury New Zealand guided tour can be fully customised.
10 Day New Zealand Luxury Guided Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive Auckland + Harbour Dinner Cruise
Your fantastic guided holiday begins in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. Home to 1/4 of New Zealand’s population and bordered by two stunning harbours, Auckland is thriving, diverse city surrounded by natural wonders.
Explore Auckland with your guide, visiting top attractions such as the Sky Tower, Mt Eden’s volcanic crater, Waiheke Island, Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World, or Piha Beach.
In the evening, enjoy a decadent harbour dinner cruise on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 2 Rotorua
Travel time Auckland to Rotorua – 3.5 hours
Enjoy the scenic drive through rolling farmland to Rotorua, the geothermal capital of New Zealand. Tour the exciting geothermal attractions with your guide, visiting sulphur springs, mud pools, geysers, and sinter terraces.
Stay 2 nights in Rotorua.
Day 3 Private Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa + Gourmet Skyline Dinner
Stroll through Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to experience the rich Maori culture and view the exciting geothermal features. Afterwards, smooth your skin with silky mud in a private mud bath and soak in a relaxing sulphur spa.
In the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Rotorua’s most spectacular location – the top of the Skyline Gondola!
Day 4 Taupo + Tongariro National Park Scenic Flight
Travel time Rotorua to Taupo – 1 hour
Your geothermal experience will continue as you enjoy the short drive to Taupo, a small town set beside New Zealand’s largest lake. With the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park looming in the distance, and the lake itself formed from an ancient volcanic crater, you will get a close-up look at the immense forces that shaped New Zealand. Visit Huka Falls with your guide and relax on the lakefront.
In the afternoon, lift high above Lake Taupo to soar around the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park, exploring the craters and colourful volcanic lakes on a scenic floatplane flight.
Stay 1 night in Taupo.
Day 5 Wellington
Travel time Taupo to Wellington – 4.5 hours
Continue your scenic tour as your guide takes you south to Wellington, New Zealand’s capital city.
Your guide will help you become acquainted with this charming city in the afternoon – you could visit the Te Papa Museum, ride the Wellington Cable Car, visit Weta Workshop, or take in the views from the top of Mt Victoria.
Stay 1 night in Wellington.
Day 6 Scenic Interislander Ferry + Blenheim
Sailing time Wellington to Picton – 3 hours
Travel time Picton to Blenheim – 3o minutes
Begin your day with a cruise across the windswept Cook Strait.
Upon reaching the South Island, your guide will take you on a scenic drive through the Marlborough wine region. Recognised internationally for its distinctive, herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough is New Zealand’s largest winemaking region, with about 65 wineries, 290 grape growers, and over 4,000 hectares planted in grapes, mainly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewürztraminer.
Stay 2 nights in Blenheim.
Day 7 Gourmet Lunch Wine Tour
Relax and get a taste of this stunning region today on a gourmet lunch wine tour. Visit boutique wineries, taste an array of award-winning vintages, and enjoy a sumptuous three-course winery restaurant lunch.
Day 8 Kaikoura + Whale Watching Scenic Flight
Travel time Blenheim to Kaikoura – 1.5 hours
Continue down the scenic East Coast to Kaikoura, a stunning coastal town with a backdrop of majestic mountains. Be sure to sample the superb local seafood during your stay!
Along the way, your guide will stop at a short nature walk to a waterfall where you can often find baby seals playing in the crystal-clear pool.
In the afternoon, take a fantastic scenic whale-watching flight and look out for sperm whales, dolphins, and seals.
Stay 1 night in Kaikoura.
Day 9 Hanmer Springs
Travel time Kaikoura to Hanmer Springs – 1.5 hours
When you reach the quiet mountain town of Hanmer Springs, relax and unwind in the hot springs or go for a short guided forest walk with your escort.
Stay 1 night in Hanmer Springs.
Day 10 Christchurch
Travel time Hanmer Springs to Christchurch – 2 hours
Your fantastic guided holiday ends in Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City.” With a thriving restaurant scene, a string of beautiful parks, and a historic town centre, Christchurch is an excellent holiday destination.
Explore Christchurch with your guide, visiting the botanic gardens, the Christchurch Cathedral, the RE:Start Container Mall, and the Canterbury Museum.
Stay 1 night in Christchurch.
Day 11 Depart Christchurch
Your guide will deliver you to Christchurch Airport for your departing flight.
Luxury Highlights Include:
- Cruising and dining on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour – watch the city lights come to life and sparkle across the water.
- Exploring the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua – see geysers, bubbling mud pools, turquoise sulphur springs, and colourful sinter terraces.
- Dining in style atop the Skyline Gondola, with views of Rotorua spread out below.
- Relaxing in a sulphur pool and private mud spa and experiencing Maori culture at the Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Visiting the magnificent Huka Falls.
- Soaring high above the volcanoes of Tongariro National Park, past craters and emerald lakes and lava flows, on a scenic floatplane flight!
- Cruising the stunning Cook Strait on the Interislander Ferry.
- Taking a scenic drive through the rolling Marlborough wine region.
- Visiting boutique wineries for tastings and enjoying a superb vineyard lunch on a gourmet wine tour.
- Sampling the famous crayfish, blue cod, and paua in Kaikoura, a spectacular seaside town ringed by mountains.
- Whale-spotting in Kaikoura on a fantastic scenic flight.
- Relaxing and unwinding in the hot springs town of Hanmer Springs.
Your privately guided tour includes:
- All transportation within New Zealand – you will be collected at the arrivals hall of Auckland Airport and dropped off at the departures hall of Christchurch Airport
- Excellent 5-star/luxury accommodation with breakfast
- Private tour guide
- Sightseeing and Photo Stops En Route
- Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise
- Skyline Gondola and Buffet Dinner Rotorua
- Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Walk, Sulphur Spa, and Private Mud Bath
- Mt Ruapehu Vista Scenic Floatplane Flight
- Interislander Wellington to Picton Ferry
- Gourmet Lunch Wine Tour
- Whale Watch Scenic Flight Kaikoura
** Your privately guided tour does NOT include flights, food (except breakfast and other meals where included in activities) or travel insurance.
As guide prices are split between travellers, the pricing will vary depending on the number of travellers on your tour.
1 Traveller: NZD$21,149
2 Travellers: NZD$11,849 per adult | NZD$11,249 per child
3 Travellers: NZD$9499 per adult | NZD$8849 per child
4 Travellers: NZD$8299 per adult | NZD$7699 per child
5 Travellers: NZD$7499 per adult | NZD$6999 per child
6 Travellers: NZD$7149 per adult | NZD$6499 per child
7 Travellers: NZD$6799 per adult | NZD$6149 per child
8 Travellers: NZD$6549 per adult | NZD$5899 per child
9 Travellers: NZD$6549 per adult | NZD$5899 per child
10 Travellers: NZD$6349 per adult | NZD$5699 per child
11 + Travellers: Please enquire for your custom quote