Experience the best of New Zealand’s North Island on this guided tour. Your private guide will meet your group at the airport and take you on an insider’s tour of New Zealand, visiting iconic landmarks and local secrets alike.
Offering New Zealand’s top escorted tour operators and highly experienced tour guides, we cater for groups between 1-20 people. With no date or itinerary restrictions, your New Zealand tour can be completely customised.
7 Day North Island Guided Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive Auckland
Your fantastic guided holiday begins in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. Home to 1/4 of New Zealand’s population and bordered by two stunning harbours, Auckland is thriving, diverse city surrounded by natural wonders.
Explore Auckland with your guide, visiting top attractions such as the Sky Tower, Mt Eden’s volcanic crater, Waiheke Island, Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World, or Piha Beach.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 2 Waitomo Glowworm Caves + Taupo
Travel time Auckland to Waitomo Caves – 2.5 hours
Venture off the beaten track as your guide takes you on a scenic drive to the Waitomo Caves. The land is wilder around here, with limestone outcroppings emerging from farmland and densely forested hills rising all around, but the wildest landscape of all lies underground.
Witness the marvels of these vast caverns as you explore two fantastic caves – the Ruakuri Cave, home to a dizzying array of cave formations, and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where you will be dazzled by a galaxy of glowworms overhead.
Travel time Waitomo Caves to Taupo – 2 hours
Enjoy the scenic drive to Taupo, a small town set beside New Zealand’s largest lake. With the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park looming in the distance, and the lake itself formed from an ancient volcanic crater, you will get a close-up look at the immense forces that shaped New Zealand. Visit the majestic Huka Falls with your guide and relax on the lakefront.
Stay 1 night in Taupo.
Day 3 Scenic Floatplane Flight + Rotorua
In the morning, sample the best of Lake Taupo on a scenic floatplane flight.
Travel time Taupo to Rotorua – 1 hour
Your geothermal experience will continue as you enjoy the short drive to Rotorua. Tour the exciting geothermal attractions with your guide, visiting sulphur springs, mud pools, geysers, and sinter terraces.
Stay 2 nights in Rotorua.
Day 4 Geothermal Wonders + Skyline Gondola Buffet Dinner
Stroll through Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to experience the rich Maori culture and soak in a relaxing sulphur spa.
In the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Rotorua’s most spectacular location – the top of the Skyline Gondola!
Day 5 Hobbiton + Coromandel Peninsula
Travel time Rotorua to Matamata – 1 hour
Experience the magic of Middle-Earth as you tour the Hobbiton Movie Set, where the charming village from The Lord of the Rings has been brought to life.
Travel time Matamata to Coromandel – 2.5 hours
Embark on a scenic tour of the Coromandel Peninsula, taking in views of the lush rainforest and idyllic beaches. If the tide is right, visit Hot Water Beach, where you can dig your own hot pools, on your way to Whitianga.
Stay 2 nights in Whitianga, Coromandel.
Day 6 Cathedral Cove Boat Tour + Hot Water Beach
Discover the rugged coastline today on a boat tour that takes through the marine reserve and past immense sea caves and sandy bays. Stop at the famous Cathedral Cove to soak in the views!
In the afternoon, your guide will show you some of the best hidden secrets of the Coromandel, including lush forest walks and secluded golden-sand beaches.
Day 7 Auckland
Travel time Coromandel Peninsula to Auckland – 3 hours
As your holiday draws to a close, return to Auckland and spend your final evening shopping, touring around with your guide, or celebrating the end of a fantastic holiday with a harbour dinner cruise.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 8 Depart Auckland
Your guide will deliver you to Auckland Airport for your departing flight.
- Marvelling at a fantastic galaxy of glowworms at Waitomo Caves.
- Exploring the beautiful Ruakuri Cave, filled with delicate formations and echoing waterfalls.
- Visiting the magnificent Huka Falls.
- Sampling the best of Lake Taupo’s natural wonders on a scenic floatplane flight.
- Exploring the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua – see geysers, bubbling mud pools, turquoise sulphur springs, and colourful sinter terraces.
- Relaxing in a sulphur pool and experiencing Maori culture at the Hells Gate Geothermal Spa.
- Dining in style atop the Skyline Gondola, with views of Rotorua spread out below.
- Experiencing the magic of Middle-Earth as you explore the exquisitely rendered Hobbiton movie set.
- Discovering the rugged coastline of the Coromandel by boat – visit sea caves and bays, and even make a stop at the world-famous Cathedral Cove!
- Digging your own hot pool at Hot Water Beach.
Your privately guided tour includes:
- All transportation within New Zealand – you will be collected at the arrivals hall of the Auckland Airport, and dropped off at the departures hall of the Auckland Airport
- Excellent 4-star accommodation
- Private tour guide
- Sightseeing and Photo Stops En Route
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Ruakuri Cave Combo Tour
- Taste of Taupo Scenic Floatplane Flight over Lake Taupo
- Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Walk and Sulphur Spa
- Skyline Gondola and Buffet Dinner Rotorua
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Coromandel Boat Tour to Cathedral Cove
** Your privately guided tour does NOT include flights, food (except where included in activities) or travel insurance. **
As guide prices are split between travellers, the pricing will vary depending on the number of travellers on your tour.
1 Traveller: NZD$15,199
2 Travellers: NZD$7999 per adult | NZD$7749 per child
3 Travellers: NZD$5899 per adult | NZD$5649 per child
4 Travellers: NZD$4899 per adult | NZD$4599 per child
5 Travellers: NZD$4249 per adult | NZD$3999 per child
6 Travellers: NZD$3849 per adult | NZD$3549 per child
7 Travellers: NZD$3549 per adult | NZD$3249 per child
8 Travellers: NZD$3299 per adult | NZD$3049 per child
9 Travellers: NZD$3249 per adult | NZD$2949 per child
10 Travellers: NZD$3099 per adult | NZD$2799 per child
11 + Travellers: Please enquire for your custom quote