Experience New Zealand’s top destinations on this luxury guided tour. Your private guide will meet you at the airport and take you on an escorted tour of New Zealand, with luxury accommodation and special personalised experiences that will elevate your holiday experience to something truly incredible.
Offering New Zealand’s best escorted tours and highly experienced tour guides, we cater for groups between 1-20 people. With no date or itinerary restrictions, your luxury New Zealand guided tour can be fully customised.
14 Day New Zealand Luxury Guided Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive Auckland
Your fantastic guided holiday begins in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. Home to 1/4 of New Zealand’s population and bordered by two stunning harbours, Auckland is thriving, diverse city surrounded by natural wonders.
Explore Auckland with your guide, visiting top attractions such as the Sky Tower, Mt Eden’s volcanic crater, Waiheke Island, Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World, or Piha Beach.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 2 Waitomo Glowworm Caves + Rotorua
Travel time Auckland to Waitomo Caves – 2.5 hours
Venture off the beaten track as your guide takes you on a scenic drive to the Waitomo Caves. The land is wilder around here, with limestone outcroppings emerging from farmland and densely forested hills rising all around, but the wildest landscape of all lies underground.
Witness the marvels of these vast caverns as you explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where you will be dazzled by a galaxy of glowworms overhead.
Travel time Waitomo Caves to Rotorua – 2 hours
Enjoy the scenic drive through rolling farmland to Rotorua, the geothermal capital of New Zealand. Tour the exciting geothermal attractions with your guide, visiting sulphur springs, mud pools, geysers, and sinter terraces.
Stay 2 nights in Rotorua.
Day 3 Private Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa + Gourmet Skyline Dinner
Stroll through Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to experience the rich Maori culture and view the exciting geothermal features. Afterwards, smooth your skin with silky mud in a private mud bath and soak in a relaxing sulphur spa.
In the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Rotorua’s most spectacular location – the top of the Skyline Gondola.
Day 4 Napier + Hawkes Bay Wine Region
Travel time Rotorua to Napier – 3 hours
Head to the East Coast to discover Napier, the Art Deco capital of New Zealand. Tour the town with your guide, visiting wineries and breweries or strolling around downtown.
Stay 1 night in Napier.
Day 5 Wellington
Travel time Napier to Wellington – 4 hours
Continue your scenic tour as your guide takes you south to Wellington, New Zealand’s capital city.
Your guide will help you become acquainted with this charming city in the afternoon – you could visit the Te Papa Museum, ride the Wellington Cable Car, visit Weta Workshop, or take in the views from the top of Mt Victoria.
Stay 1 night in Wellington.
Day 6 Scenic Interislander Ferry + Blenheim
Sailing time Wellington to Picton – 3 hours
Travel time Picton to Blenheim – 3o minutes
Begin your day with a cruise across the windswept Cook Strait.
Upon reaching the South Island, your guide will take you on a scenic drive through the Marlborough wine region. Recognised internationally for its distinctive, herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough is New Zealand’s largest winemaking region, with about 65 wineries, 290 grape growers, and over 4,000 hectares planted in grapes, mainly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewürztraminer.
Stay 2 nights in Blenheim.
Day 7 Gourmet Lunch Wine Tour
Relax and get a taste of this stunning region today on a gourmet lunch wine tour. Visit boutique wineries, taste an array of award-winning vintages, and enjoy a sumptuous three-course winery restaurant lunch.
Day 8 Nelson
Travel time Blenheim to Nelson – 1.5 hours
Your tour continues to Nelson, a charming town surrounded by orchards and vineyards and golden-sand beaches. Tour the region with your guide, with the option to visit Rabbit Island, explore the galleries and restaurants at Mapua Wharf, or relax on one of the nearby beaches.
Explore Nelson independently in the evening, visiting local shops and enjoying a delicious dinner with fresh local seafood and produce.
Stay 2 nights in Nelson.
Day 9 Abel Tasman Scenic Cruise
Travel time Nelson to Abel Tasman – 1 hour
Day 10 Pancake Rocks + Hokitika
Travel time Hokitika to Nelson – 5 hours
Visit the Pancake Rocks at Punakaiki on your drive south, where you will get the chance to marvel at the strange limestone formations that have been weathered by the relentless sea.
Once you reach Hokitika, you have the option to visit Hokitika Gorge or Lake Kaniere with your guide. Your guide will show you around the town, stopping at the Jade Factory, where you can view artisans carving masterpieces from the precious greenstone, and Sunset Point, where you might be lucky enough to catch a famous West Coast sunset.
Stay 1 night in Hokitika.
Day 11 Franz Josef + Southern Alps Scenic Flight With Snow Landing
Travel time Hokitika to Franz Josef – 2 hours
Make your way farther down the West Coast, towards New Zealand’s most famous glaciers.
In the afternoon, take an unforgettable helicopter flight over Franz Josef Glacier, Fox Glacier, and Mt Cook, finishing with a snow landing to enjoy incredible views of the majestic Southern Alps.
Stay 1 night in Franz Josef.
Day 12 Wanaka
Travel time Franz Josef to Wanaka – 4 hours
The Haast Pass Highway is one of the most scenic alpine routes in New Zealand. Explore the pass with your guide, stopping to view cascading waterfalls, broad alpine meadows, craggy snowcapped mountains, and the turquoise depths of the Blue Pools.
Experience Wanaka with your guide in the afternoon. You could take a scenic drive into Mt Aspiring National Park, visit the Warbirds and Wheels museum, try the maze and experience the illusions at Puzzling World, or simply relax in town and stroll along the lakefront.
Stay 1 night in Wanaka.
Day 13 Queenstown + Glenorchy Tour
Travel time Wanaka to Queenstown – 1 hour
Travel over the stunning Crown Range, stopping for photo opportunities along the way, before your arrival in Queenstown.
Explore the Lord of the Rings locations around Queenstown with your guide in the afternoon on an excursion to the stunning Glenorchy region. Stop along the way for majestic views up Lake Wakatipu, and visit the stunning Paradise Valley and Dart Valley at the head of the lake. Along the way, you will get the chance to see the filming locations for Isengard, Lothlorien, and Ithilien Camp.
Stop in Glenorchy for a coffee or relaxing lunch, and soak in the incredible views of snow-capped peaks and turquoise rivers.
Stay 2 nights in Queenstown.
Day 14 Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise
Journey into the heart of New Zealand today on a scenic coach tour to Manapouri. Cruise across Lake Manapouri and drive over Burkes Pass to Doubtful Sound, where you will enjoy an unforgettable wilderness cruise on this awe-inspiring, remote fiord.
Day 15 Depart Queenstown
Your guide will deliver you to Queenstown Airport for your departing flight.
Luxury Highlights Include:
- Witnessing a fantastic galaxy of glowworms at Waitomo Caves.
- Exploring the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua – see geysers, bubbling mud pools, turquoise sulphur springs, and colourful sinter terraces.
- Dining in style atop the Skyline Gondola, with views of Rotorua spread out below.
- Relaxing in a sulphur pool and private mud spa and experiencing Maori culture at the Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Cruising the stunning Cook Strait on the Interislander Ferry.
- Taking a scenic drive through the rolling Marlborough wine region.
- Visiting boutique wineries for tastings and enjoying a superb vineyard lunch on a gourmet wine tour.
- Cruising along the rugged coastline of Abel Tasman National Park, and lounging on one of the remote golden-sand beaches.
- Hunting for Pounamu (also known as greenstone, or jade) on the beach in Hokitika and watching master artisans carve jewellery and sculptures from the precious stone.
- Flying over two magnificent glaciers and past New Zealand’s highest mountain on a breathtaking helicopter tour, and landing in the pristine snow!
- Travelling through Haast Pass, past hanging glaciers and pounding waterfalls and turquoise rivers.
- Driving over the lofty Crown Range and stopping for sweeping views of the valley below.
- Journeying through the heart of New Zealand and experiencing the grandeur of Doubtful Sound, New Zealand’s most awe-inspiring fiord, on an unforgettable wilderness cruise.
- Venturing into paradise on a stunning scenic tour of Glenorchy, where you will find countless Lord of the Rings film locations surrounded by snow-capped mountains and turquoise river valleys.
Your privately guided tour includes:
- All transportation within New Zealand – you will be collected at the arrivals hall of Auckland Airport and dropped off at the departures hall of Queenstown Airport
- Excellent 5-star/luxury accommodation with breakfast
- Private tour guide
- Sightseeing and Photo Stops En Route
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave Tour
- Skyline Gondola and Buffet Dinner Rotorua
- Hells Gate private mud bath, sulphur spa and geothermal reserve walk
- Interislander Ferry Wellington to Picton
- Gourmet Lunch Wine Tour
- Abel Tasman Cruise
- Scenic Helicopter Flight over Franz Josef, Fox Glacier, and Mt Cook with Snow Landing
- Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise
** Your privately guided tour does NOT include flights, food (except breakfast and other meals where included in activities) or travel insurance.
As guide prices are split between travellers, the pricing will vary depending on the number of travellers on your tour.
1 Traveller: NZD$34,199
2 Travellers: NZD$18,849 per adult | NZD$18,099 per child
3 Travellers: NZD$15,149 per adult | NZD$14,399 per child
4 Travellers: NZD$13,299 per adult | NZD$12,549 per child
5 Travellers: NZD$12,199 per adult | NZD$11,449 per child
6 Travellers: NZD$11,449 per adult | NZD$10,699 per child
7 Travellers: NZD$10,899 per adult | NZD$10,149 per child
8 Travellers: NZD$10,499 per adult | NZD$9749 per child
9 Travellers: NZD$10,349 per adult | NZD$9599 per child
10 Travellers: NZD$10,099 per adult | NZD$9349 per child
11 + Travellers: Please enquire for your custom quote